Wednesday, 29 July 2009

No posts for 6 months!



What can I say. I haven't posted anything for 6 months. Is this a tragedy? NO! Not if I have spent every waking moment and sometimes sleeping and dreaming moments, too, in my studio learning the art of Reverse Painting on Perspex.

I learnt this fascinating and addictive medium through a great guy, teacher and artist, Paul Birchall. I have spent the last 6 months practising this technique with varying degreess of success.

Because I have a passion for trees, I have worked mostly with photographs I have taken in and around my neighbourhood of trees in winter mode. I prefer the raw and naked branches, spiked against a winter sky. Unfortunately, photographs of these paintings don't do the real thing justice. Photographs don't show the amazing and subtle effects created by the odd smattering of gold leaf, and special translucent paints like "Interference" paints which are basically acrylic paints with a pearlescent glow.

Check out some more examples of this fascinating technique!

No comments:

Subscribe Now: text