Monday, 18 October 2010

Pricing your paintings

I find this is always a problem. Here is some advice on the subject. When I read this article, I found that I had followed the principles advised. My first painting sold in 1996 for R750.  It was about A3 size or thereabouts and was an abstract painting. I had submitted it as part of the members' exhibition of the Association of Visual Arts Gallery in Church street in Cape Town.
Today I would price that size work in oil at around R2500 depending on framing, gallery commissions etc.

Old olive tree
Gold tree
Wild olive
Autumn forest

I have work up in Kirstenbosch at the moment with other Cape Town artists. Please pop in if you are in the area. I have put up my tree studies mostly with one or two landscapes in oil/canvas. Prices range from R900 to R3000.,

No comments:

Subscribe Now: text