Tuesday, 02 November 2010

Another painting sold!

This has really been my lucky week. I went to Franschoek on Sunday with some girlfriends to see an amazing exhibition at the Gallery Grande Provence in Franschoek. It was called "Fragile Earth" and included works on paper by one of my favourite artists, Judith Mason, and some amazing transmogrified glass artworks by Jeannete Unite. Also worth seeing are works by Robert Hodgins, Pat Mautloa and Kim Berman amongst others. All the artists exhibiting are well established artists who have been working for many years. It was interesting to see what they are currently producing, and some of the work is very affordable.

Seeing this exhibition inspired us to create our own workshop, which we have done. We have called ourselves KIHEVI ART. You can follow our joint adventures  here. It is really exciting to be part of a group like this. It is fun and yet we are amazingly creative as well.

While taking some time out to powder my nose, my cel rang and it was Jill Fearon at Kirstenbosch, giving me the good news that I had sold another painting! I was so thrilled. It is always such a good feeling that someone appreciates your work enough to actually pay for it.

Here is the sold painting- a reverse painting on Perspex, called "Gold tree" which sold for R3000.

No comments:

Subscribe Now: text